Join us in building relationships of support and care with people transitioning out of homelessness at Gilead House, a transitional housing facility for families in need. There are a range of ways to engage:
- Administrative Volunteers: Have a couple of hours once a week during business hours? Help with simple admin tasks, answer phone calls, and get to know Gilead House families.
- Saturday Activity Leaders: Have a hobby or activity to share? A great opportunity for individuals or groups. Lead an enrichment activity for moms or kids on a Saturday morning.
- Transport Team: can you help change a tire, fix a flat, or make minor repairs? Or are you an extra savvy car buyer or deal negotiator? Many folks coming out of homelessness can be derailed by a car breakdown or get taken advantage of by a car dealer. If you’d be willing to offer help and advice to a family from time to time, please reach out.
- Child Care Volunteers: Read a book, play a game, help with homework: spend time with children so that their moms can participate in job and life skills seminars. Volunteers are needed from 6:30-7:30pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at Gilead House. Teenagers are welcome; children under 12 must be accompanied by a parent.
- Mentors: Work one-on-one with moms in accomplishing their goals.
For all opportunities at Gilead House, a two-hour training and orientation session is required before serving. Please email to learn more or to sign up. Signup for volunteers who have already been through orientation can be found here.